Employment Grand Rapids Art Museum
FULL-TIME EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
This is a 32 hour, full-time position reporting directly to the Manager of Executive Office and Strategic Initiatives, and providing support for that position and the Director/CEO. Secondary support will also be provided to Finance and Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain schedules, coordinate meetings and appointments, arrange working meals.
- Preparation for all Executive level meetings, agendas, board books, handouts, presentations.
- Handle administrative work for Trustees and Trustee meetings, schedule meetings, notify attendees, research materials, record minutes, and respond to Trustee requests
- Maintain Strategic Plan documentation and updates
- Greet and communicate with visitors, staff, trustees, patrons, community leaders and trustees through email, U.S. mail, and phone.
- Assists with outgoing mail; manage incoming mail for Executive Office
- Compose, type, and edit correspondence. Create and maintain document management system.
- Manage the operation of the Administrative office, inventory and supplies, maintenance of business machines, and schedule for conference rooms.
- Special duties and projects as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education or Training equivalent to an associate degree in related field
- 3-5 years of Administrative or Executive Assistant experience
- Advanced level experience and knowledge with both MAC and PC environment
- Advanced level experience with Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge Software preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong English, grammar and punctuation skills
- Proven success with organizational skills, modern business office management, and records retention
- Ability to work independently, with confidence and strong focus on deadlines
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality in all situations
- Ability to maintain diplomacy, tact and good cheer at all times, especially in periods of high volume
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, both personally and for office space.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] no later than Friday, October 17, 2014.
About the Grand Rapids Art Museum
Focusing on art, design, and creativity, GRAM will provide diverse platforms for experiences, ideas, and dialogue that enrich the human spirit and teach practical learning skills. Through dynamic exhibitions, collections, learning initiatives, and community collaborations, GRAM will increasingly serve as a cultural beacon and civic anchor.
Established in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, the Art Museum is internationally known for its distinguished design and LEED Gold certified status. Established in 1910 as the Grand Rapids Art Association, GRAM has grown to include more than 5,000 works of art, including American and European 19th and 20th century painting and sculpture and more than 3,000 works on paper. Embracing the city’s legacy as a leading center of design and manufacturing, GRAM has a growing collection in the area of design and modern craft.