Want to experience GRAM on a deeper level? Interested in joining a community of fun and active learners? Become a GRAM docent today!
What is a docent?
A docent is a volunteer educator that engages in conversation with museum guests about artwork.
Benefits of GRAM’s docent program
- An insider’s look at GRAM’s collection and special exhibitions
- Access to special guests and curators
- A preview of upcoming exhibitions
- Lifelong learning opportunities through bi-weekly docent education sessions
Qualities of perspective docents
- Outgoing and friendly
- Flexible and dedicated
- Comfortable with public speaking
NO ART OR TEACHING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Provisional (in-training) GRAM Docents complete an 8-month program, during which time they attend weekly training sessions. Collaborative learning and a specifically designed curriculum provide the content and practical knowledge necessary to lead groups of all ages through GRAM’s galleries.
Responsibilities of a GRAM Docent
- GRAM Docents are required to complete the 8-month provisional training program
- Upon completion of training program, docents attend bi-weekly education sessions
- GRAM Docents lead a minimum of 10 tours per fiscal year (October through September), and dedicate 50 hours per fiscal year to GRAM’s Docent Program
Questions about GRAM’s Docent Program? Contact Andrea Morgan at 616.831.2930 or email@example.com
Log in to GRAMDocent Home
Questions or concerns? Docent Program Coordinator Andrea Morgan 616-831-2930 firstname.lastname@example.org