Gazing at GRAM
Gazing at GRAM is a specialized tour of the Grand Rapids Art Museum which engages guests who are living with memory loss, such as Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and brain injury, as well as cancer patients. Tours feature different works of art and exhibitions on each date, last approximately 60 minutes, and can be scheduled between 10am and 4pm on the dates listed below. GRAM is handicap accessible, and a lunch space is available upon request.
Through docent-led facilitated observation and discussion of original works of art throughout the museum’s galleries, participants:
- Explore and exchange ideas about art and artists
- Activate the imagination and think creatively
- Experience intellectual stimulation
- Make connections between personal stories and the world at large
- Participate in a meaningful activity that foster personal growth
Suggested 2020 dates (other dates available upon request):
Parking: GRAM will provide free parking directly next to the museum’s entrance for your group’s shuttle.
Cost: $6 per guest, free for caregivers and staff. Payment is not due until the day of the program.
Both individuals and groups are welcome to register to join in the Gazing at GRAM experience.
For additional information or to register, contact Kristen Hoeker at email@example.com 616-831-2930.